MON- FRI: 9AM - 6PM SAT: 9AM - 1PM
Protecting the environment
Particularly committed to the preservation of the environment, PONANT minimizes its impact on the planet with ships purpose-built to reduce their footprint and a philosophy of respect and protection of the world. With a resolute desire to be the leader in this field, Ponant pursues a strong ecological policy each and every day that includes:
- Environmental regulatory compliance of operations and anticipation of new regulations that are likely to have an impact on activities,
- Implementation of best practices in recycling and reuse of solid waste and wastewater,
-Certification of ships by the international “Clean Ship” label, which certifies minimal environmental impact,
- Use of green equipment on Ponant’s four sister ships, such as a quiet and economical electric propulsion system, MDO (Marine Diesel Oil) engines, which are lighter and produce less pollution, and a sonar sand-bank detection system,
- The pursuit of energy efficiency and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions,
- Development of techniques, procedures, and partnerships in order to preserve marine biodiversity and the coastal environment and to respect the communities that Ponant visits.
A signatory of the La Charte Bleue d’Armateurs de France, PONANT is also a member of the International Association of Antarctica Tour Operators (IAATO), working to safeguard flora and fauna in the most sensitive climates through the adoption of responsible behavior.
A CSR Approach
Since 2014, PONANT has adopted a CSR policy and is committed, through measures and regular checks, to:
- Excelling in health and safety management
- Taking good care of the staff
- Applying best practices in terms of environmental protection to the entirety of its supply chain